« home |search | about »


Mold and Mildew

Sometimes mold can completely ruin an item or garment. Bleach is often effective but it too can be damaging and must be used sparingly and tested on an inconspicuous part of the item to be cleaned. Remember to wear protective gloves and rinse and mop up spillages immediately. Ensure that the bleach is not concentrated. mixing 50-50 with water is recommended.

Q: Cleaning dilemma. Do you have any advice on how to clean mold and mildew from kids bath toys? Any advice would be appreciated. Thank you! -- S B Adams Reply  (Ref:0658)

A: Mold/mildew on children's bath toys  After researching the mold/mildew issue for some time in an effort to avoid using chlorine bleach (for environmental reasons), I've concluded that the only answer to mold/mildew is bleach. Chlorine bleach is sure-fire; hydrogen peroxide might work if it's high-strength. I'd soak the toys in a bleach solution for as long as it takes to get rid of the mold/mildew. (You may need to use an old toothbrush to get into crevices.) Then I'd rinse the bath toys carefully, and air them in the sun, before giving them back to the children. 

As a person who makes natural-cleaning products told me, "Bleach is to be avoided when possible, but mold/mildew is also bad [for people]. At least the chlorine bleach doesn't persist in the environment."  -- Judy Steele

Judy Steele, MTP (Master of transpersonal Psychology)
Counselor, Coach, Teacher, Healer, Writer
Flower Essence Practitioner, Dynamind Practitioner, Huna Teacher
www.schoolforliving.org
Comment
952-943-8249
PO Box 44853
Eden Prairie MN 55344

Q: Mold. How do you remove mold or mildew from linoleum flooring? Any help would be much appreciated. -- "Eagle" Reply

Note: In the English speaking world outside the United States the word Mould is most usually used.

See Also

Health

 

 

 

 

Search for FREE - date.com

« home | search | about »

Remember to bookmark this page